Apply for a Baden-Württemberg scholarship
The Baden-Württemberg Scholarship promotes international exchange.
It consists of four programme lines:
- For students
- For professionals
- For film production
- Walter Hallstein Programme
Scholarship duration for students
3 - 11 months
Scholarship amount for students
EUR 600 - 1,400
The universities decide on a case-by-case basis.
They may take into account, for example
- the distance to the partner university,
- any tuition fees,
- the cost of living in the host country,
- a possible currency difference,
- special visa conditions
the International Office, International Office or the other office responsible for international activities at your university.
- are enrolled at a university in Baden-Württemberg and would like to complete a study or research stay at a foreign partner university or are enrolled at a foreign partner university and would like to spend time at a university in Baden-Württemberg for the same purpose
- are very well to well qualified in your subject,
- are characterised by motivation and determination,
- are socially, civically or politically committed.
You must apply in writing. You can obtain application forms from your university.
Applications are pre-selected by the university as part of the respective selection procedure and, if necessary, in consultation with the foreign university.
The Baden-Württemberg Foundation decides on the awarding of the scholarships. The university will then inform you of the result.
31. March for the funding year that begins the following autumn.
Please note: The application deadline may vary depending on the university.
Enquire at the responsible office.
Enquire at the relevant office at your university.
You can find a detailed description of the grant on the "Baden-Württemberg-GRANT" pages
07.11.2023 Baden-Württemberg Stiftung