Request education in a day group
Social learning and a regular daily structure help the children and adolescents to cope with conflicts or to organise their everyday life and offer, among other things, suggestions for meaningful leisure activities. In addition, the children receive support in school matters, and young people are helped with vocational integration.
- Especially suitable for children of school age and older who show behavioural problems or developmental delays. The children and adolescents are supported with social and curative education measures.
- Partial inpatient offer. This means that the child
- receives the same therapeutic and educational services as in inpatient care (e.g. in a home or foster family),
- Educational services that he or she does not receive in the family, and
- school support and
- is cared for in the day group during the week after school, but can otherwise remain in the family and thus in his or her familiar environment.
- Group size: 8-10 children
- The Youth Welfare Office involves the parents intensively (e.g. through targeted counselling sessions, parents' evenings, parents' leisure time or parent-child meetings).
Social learning and a regular daily structure help the children and adolescents to cope with conflicts or to organise their everyday life and offer, among other things, suggestions for meaningful leisure activities. In addition, the children receive support in school matters and young people are helped with their professional integration.
the local youth welfare office
Youth Welfare Office is,
- if you live in a city district: the city administration
- if you live in a rural district: the Landratsamt (district administration office)
Note: The city of Constance performs the tasks as the local youth welfare agency itself. The city of Villingen-Schwenningen has handed over the municipal youth welfare office to the Schwarzwald-Baar-Kreis as of 01.07.2023.
You would like support for yourself and your child through placement in a day group.
As a custodial parent, you must apply for education in a day group. The exact application procedure may vary from municipality to municipality. Please enquire at the responsible office.
Once you have submitted your application, they will check whether the education of your child in a day group is a suitable measure.
All those involved draw up a help plan together. This plan specifies how the help will be organised and how long it will last.
The help in a day group is approved by a decision. The help plan is not usually part of the decision. It can also be drawn up after the specific assistance measure has been approved.
Check with the relevant office.
You have to participate according to your financial possibilities.
21.08.2023; Sozialministerium Baden-Württemberg