Apply for sickness assistance under the Child and Youth Welfare Act
The health assistance covers the full amount of the necessary requirements in the individual case. As a person with statutory health insurance, you must pay the usual co-payments and personal contributions within the limits of your financial possibilities.
Note: The youth welfare office can also pay contributions for voluntary health insurance. These must be reasonable.
the local youth welfare office
Youth Welfare Office is,
- if you live in a city district: the city administration
- if you live in a rural district: the Landratsamt (district administration office)
Note: The city of Constance performs the tasks as local youth welfare agency itself. The city of Villingen-Schwenningen has handed over the municipal youth welfare office to the Schwarzwald-Baar-Kreis on 01.07.2023.
- help with education or
- integration assistance
This includes the following types of help:
- Full-time care
- Home education or other assisted living
- intensive individual socio-educational support
- Integration assistance for children and young people with mental disabilities:
- in full-time care,
- in home education or
- in another form of assisted living
You do not have to make an additional application for health assistance. As a rule, this will be awarded to you together with the youth welfare benefit applied for.
Check with the relevant office.