Housing promotion - applying for promotion of rental housing for households with special housing difficulties
Companies and private individuals can receive funding under the current Land Housing Promotion Programme for the following projects specifically for households with particular housing difficulties:
- New construction or acquisition of new rental housing,
- Alteration and extension measures to create rented housing,
- Establishment of rental and occupancy commitments in the rental housing stock.
Additional funding is possible in particular for
- from the achievement of a so-called energy-saving house
- Creation of barrier-free housing or age-appropriate conversion of rented housing,
- additional measures to design the residential environment and to stabilise and maintain neighbourhood structures.
Funding is provided in the form of loans and, in some cases, grants. The low-interest loans are limited in time.
The subsidised rented housing is committed for a certain period of time exclusively or primarily for the benefit of households entitled to housing (special occupancy commitment).
Households entitled to housing are households with low income AND additional difficulties in accessing the housing market due to certain characteristics.
Which groups of people fulfil these characteristics is decided by the highest Land authority in consultation with the L-Bank.
The subsidised housing must be let to the tenant during the commitment period for a reduced basic rent compared to the respective local comparable rent (rent commitment).
The promotion for the benefit of households with special housing difficulties is modelled on the general social rental housing promotion. Therefore, only the special features of the promotion for households with special difficulties in housing provision are described here.
- in rural districts: the housing promotion office in the district administration office
- in urban districts: the housing promotion office in the mayor's office of the place of construction
The main requirements for funding are:
- The flat size must be appropriate. Further information can be found in the Ministry of Economic Affairs' notes on the amendment of the State Housing Promotion Act and the Ministry of Economic Affairs' implementation notes on the State Housing Promotion Act.
- Designation of recognised groups of persons in the funding commitment
- In order to receive funding for the construction/acquisition of new rented housing and for alterations/expansion measures to create rented housing, the applicant must make an own contribution in the form of equity capital.
- In principle, a requirement under EU state aid law (prohibition of overcompensation) must be complied with.
- For the promotion of new construction measures and the promotion of new acquisitions as well as the promotion of the establishment of rent and occupancy commitments on still new flats in the rental housing stock, the prerequisite of the New Construction Standard Plus (formerly Efficiency House Standard KfW 55) must be met.
- In the case of subsidised alteration and extension measures, you must ensure that the building components used comply with the requirements of the Building Energy Act (Gebäudeenergiegesetz, GEG) (for example, the guidelines on the U-value).
You must apply for the funding at the responsible office (Wohnraumförderungsstelle). You can obtain the application forms from the housing promotion office or via the portal of the Landeskreditbank Baden-Württemberg - Förderbank (L-Bank). The Housing Promotion Agency will forward complete and eligible applications to the L-Bank for further processing.
You can also obtain further information and advice on your specific project from the relevant office. The L-Bank can also help you with financing questions by calling 0721/150-3875 or sending an email to email@example.com .
Please note: As a rule, you may not start the project until you have received written funding approval from L-Bank. If you start the project prematurely, the funding will be rejected. Y ou can start the project at your own risk if theresponsible office has confirmed receipt of the complete, verifiable and signed application.
In principle, there is no application deadline.
You must enclose some documents with the application. Information on the required documents can be found on forms 9023 and 9027 on the L-Bank website.
As a rule, no costs are incurred for counselling and application.
You have no legal claim to funding. A legal claim can only be established by a funding commitment from the granting agency (L-Bank).
- 31.08.2023 Ministerium für Landesentwicklung und Wohnen Baden-Württemberg