Logo Service Baden Württemberg
Procedure descriptions

Registering for the Course of Study - Enrolment

After a successful application for a place of study, you will receive a notification of admission. With the same post you will normally also be sent the registration documents and a deadline will be named by which you will have to register (enrol) at the institution of higher education.



Written acceptance of the place of study in due time


Enrolment requires your presence in person or for you to be represented by an authorised representative.

Once you have successfully enrolled, you are registered as a student at the respective institution of higher education. A Student ID Card and confirmation of enrolment will be issued as a confirmation for the current semester. After enrolment you can start allocating subjects, if this is not specified by the institution of higher education.

At the beginning of each semester you have to register yourself again. This can be carried out online depending on the institution of higher education.


The deadlines to notify that you will accept the place of study is noted on the notification of admission.

Required documents

Please inquire in good time at your institution of higher education which documents are required for your enrolment. The following documents are generally required for the first enrolment:

  • Notification of admission
  • A completed declaration that the place of study will be accepted
  • Original or certified copy of the higher education admission authorisation
  • Valid identity card or passport
  • Health certificate
  • Birth certificate (photocopy), if applicable marriage certificate
  • Proof of study capability if there is an existing employment status, employment contract or apprenticeship (e.g. confirmation of length of service in company, dissolution contract)
  • for a course of study at the Cooperative State University: Training contract with a training centre approved by the relevant academy of study
  • Record of study with a remark that you have been removed from the register of students, if there was a registration at another institution of higher education
  • Proof of student health insurance and nursing care insurance
  • Receipts for the paid Student Union Contribution
    (The Student Union Contribution can possibly also be paid in cash on site. Further information on the Student Union Contribution can be obtained in Section Financing your Study.)
  • Receipts for the administration cost contribution of 40 euros
    (the administration cost contribution can possibly also be paid in cash on site.)
  • Receipt for the paid tuition fees of 500 euros
    (The tuition fees can possibly also be paid in cash on site.)
  • for foreigners (not foreign students treated as Germans for educational purposes)

  • Photographs (normally two passport photographs 45 x 35 mm)
  • Curriculum Vitae


Social insurance contribution/Semester contribution and administration costs contribution: the contribution amount differs from one institution of higher education to another, however on the whole they amount between 120,00 and 180,00 euros

Processing time


Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Wissenschaftsministerium released it on 11.03.2019. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.

Bitte beachten Sie die für Ihr Anliegen genannte:
"zuständige Stelle"

- Ämter in der Stadtverwaltung
- Bürgerbüro


Stadt Weinheim
Obertorstraße 9
69469 Weinheim
Tel.: 115
Fax: 06201 / 82 - 268

Anfahrtsplan (511 KB)

Mo. - Fr.
außer Mi.
08.00 - 12.00 Uhr
Do. 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr

Bitte beachten Sie die unterschiedlichen Sprechzeiten der einzelnen Ämter und Dienststellen.
Wir haben gleitende Arbeitszeit.

Tel. Erreichbarkeit:
Mo. - Fr. 08.00 - 12.00 Uhr
Mo. - Mi. 14.00 - 16.00 Uhr
Do. 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr