Apply for aid from the Tierseuchenkasse (Animal Diseases Fund)
As an animal owner, you can receive aid from the Tierseuchenkasse Baden-Württemberg.
Aid is paid for animal losses as a result of the disease events specified in the benefit statutes of the Tierseuchenkasse Baden-Württemberg.
You can receive aid in particular for
- Damage caused by animal losses for which you do not receive compensation,
- other damage following official measures,
- Costs of measures to prevent, detect or combat animal epidemics and other animal diseases,
- Costs of disinfectants for disinfections on farms as part of the control measures for notifiable animal diseases
Under certain circumstances, you may also receive an extraordinary allowance if, through no fault of your own, you have suffered substantial economic loss as a result of animal diseases or animal health measures.
This cash benefit may be granted
- in individual cases
- in the event of loss of animals of the species subject to the contribution requirement
- according to the decision of the aid committee of the administrative council of the Tierseuchenkasse Baden-Württemberg
You will only receive the allowance for animals for which you have to pay contributions to the Tierseuchenkasse. The following are liable for contributions
- Bee colonies
You can read about the exact benefits in the benefit statutes of the Tierseuchenkasse Baden-Württemberg.
Note: You will not receive aid if you already receive compensation for animal losses under the Animal Health Act.
- for the application:
the lower animal health authority (veterinary office)
- You can find the veterinary office at,
- if you live in a city district: at the city administration office
- if you live in a rural district: at the district administration office
- for the decision: the Tierseuchenkasse (Animal Diseases Fund)
As the owner of the animals, you must
- have indicated the correct number of animals when reporting to the Tierseuchenkasse,
- have paid the contributions to the Tierseuchenkasse on time,
- have consulted a veterinarian in good time and notified the veterinary office of the outbreak of a disease/epidemic,
- have had the disease confirmed by a veterinarian (e.g. by an expert opinion or an examination report),
- have documented the losses ( for example by slaughter certificates) and
- You must not have visibly neglected your duty of care to avert or limit the damage.
You must immediately inform the competent lower animal health authority (veterinary office) and a veterinarian if you suspect an epidemic.
If you fear an outbreak of a notifiable animal disease, you can also make the notification at the local police authority if the lower animal health authority cannot be reached.
After you have obtained all the necessary evidence, you can submit the completed application form of the animal disease fund to the veterinary office.
The veterinary office will process your application and forward it to the Tierseuchenkasse.
You must submit the complete application to the competent veterinary office within one year of the occurrence of the damage.
- Application for aid
- Proof of the occurrence of the disease
- Documentation of animal loss
- Evidence of damage minimisation
You can also apply for extraordinary aid at the veterinary office.
The aid committee of the Tierseuchenkasse decides on these applications.