Logo Service Baden Württemberg
Procedure descriptions

Establish a temporary no stopping zone

You can apply for a no-parking zone for the duration of your move. This allows you to load and unload comfortably in front of your old and new flat.

You are not allowed to reserve parking spaces on public roads without prior permission (for example by putting up rubbish bins).

Other road users do not have to observe unauthorised reservations.

Notice: Applies to the area in front of the planned loading and unloading zoif there is an absolute ban on stopping in the area in front of the planned loading and unloading zone, you must obtain a special permitito be allowed to park there. In areas with anin areas with a restricted no-parking zone, however, you may load and unload if this is done without delay.

Responsible department

The road traffic authority of the place where the no-stopping zone is to be set up

The road traffic authorities, depending on where you live, are

  • the district administration
  • in city districts and large district towns, the respective city administration or
  • some local road traffic authorities



You move


You can apply for a no-stopping order in person or informally in writing to the competent authority.

Your application should contain the following information:

  • First and last name
  • new and old address
  • Telephone number
  • Purpose of the no-parking order (to carry out a move)
  • Date on which the no-parking order is to be put in place
  • Period during which the ban is to apply
  • Area in which the no-parking zone is to be set up
    Give as much information as possible (e.g. street and house number) and attach a sketch if necessary.
  • Length of the no-stopping zone (this is usually based on the length of the removal vehicle)

Appropriate signage is required for the short-term establishment of a no-stopping zone. This can only be carried out by the responsible road authority (building yard or road maintenance department) or a suitably commissioned specialist company (e.g. removal company). The specialist company must provide proof of the required expertise upon request.


The no-stopping signs must be put up at least 72 hours (three days) before the moving date.

Required documents



varies depending on the city or municipality

Note: The exact amount depends on the applicable fee schedule. Please contact your municipality or district office directly for more information.


If, on the day of the procession, vehicles are parked in the no-stopping zone despite the posted signs and obstruct the procession, you can have the vehicles towed away. The vehicle owners must bear the towing costs.

Release note

The German original version of this text was drafted in close cooperation with the relevant departments. The Ministry of Transport Baden-Württemberg released it on 10.08.2023. Only the German text is legally binding. The Federal State does not assume any liability for the translated texts.
In cases of doubt or if you have any questions or problems, please contact the relevant authorities directly.

Bitte beachten Sie die für Ihr Anliegen genannte:
"zuständige Stelle"

- Ämter in der Stadtverwaltung
- Bürgerbüro


Stadt Weinheim
Obertorstraße 9
69469 Weinheim
Tel.: 115
Fax: 06201 / 82 - 268

Anfahrtsplan (511 KB)

Mo. - Fr.
außer Mi.
08.00 - 12.00 Uhr
Do. 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr

Bitte beachten Sie die unterschiedlichen Sprechzeiten der einzelnen Ämter und Dienststellen.
Wir haben gleitende Arbeitszeit.

Tel. Erreichbarkeit:
Mo. - Fr. 08.00 - 12.00 Uhr
Mo. - Mi. 14.00 - 16.00 Uhr
Do. 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr