Logo Service Baden Württemberg
Procedure descriptions

Housing promotion - applying for promotion of owner-occupied housing

Private individuals can receive funding under the current state housing subsidy programme. This applies to:

  • New construction or acquisition of new housing that is owner-occupied,
  • Alteration and extension measures to create owner-occupied housing,
  • Acquisition of existing housing (second-hand purchase) for owner-occupation, including modernisation measures close to acquisition,
  • age-appropriate conversion of owner-occupied housing (independent so-called "adaptation funding"; also possible as additional funding),
  • Supplementary subsidies for children who have subsequently joined the household (addition to the family)

Additional funding is possible in particular for

  • from the attainment of a so-called energy-saving house
  • Making owner-occupied housing barrier-free
  • structural measures due to severe disability and special housing needs or age-appropriate conversion of owner-occupied housing.

Funding is provided in the form of reduced-interest loans and grants.

The subsidised housing is committed for a certain period of time for owner-occupation for the benefit of households with lower incomes.

Responsible department

  • in rural districts: the housing promotion office in the district administration office
  • in urban districts: the housing promotion office in the mayor's office of the place of construction



  • Funding can be provided for
    • Married couples, civil partners within the meaning of the Civil Partnership Act (Lebenspartnerschaftsgesetz), long-term partnerships (couples) and single parents with at least one child living in the household, as well as
    • severely disabled persons with special housing needs. Severe disability is determined according to the Social Code, according to which a degree of disability of at least 50 is required. Thespecialhousing needs interms of floor plan or furnishings must stem from the severe disability.
    • Childless couples as well as single persons with the desire to have children have the chance to receive supplementary support in the case of a child added to the household at a later date.
  • The total annual income must not exceed the income limit applicable to your household.
  • Your household must not already have adequate housing of its own.
  • For the promotion of new construction measures and the promotion of new acquisition, the requirement of the New Construction Standard Plus (formerly Efficiency House Standard KfW 55) must be met.
  • In the case of subsidised alteration and extension measures, you must ensure that the building components used meet the requirements of the Building Energy Act (GEG) (for example, the guidelines on the U-value).
  • Own contribution is required. The personal contribution amounts to at least 25 percent of the total costs of the eligible project. If the loan is secured on a first-ranking basis, the personal contribution amounts to at least 15 percent ofthe total costs.


You must apply for the funding at the responsible office (Wohnraumförderungsstelle). You can obtain the application forms from the housing promotion office or via the portal of the Landeskreditbank Baden-Württemberg - Förderbank (L-Bank). The Housing Promotion Agency will forward complete and eligible applications to the L-Bank for further processing.

You can also obtain further information and advice on your specific project from the relevant office. The L-Bank can also help you with financing questions by calling 0800/150-3030 (free of charge from a German landline or German mobile network and provider; Mon. - Fri. 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.).

Please note: As a rule, you may not start the project until you have received written funding approval from the L-Bank. If you start the project prematurely, the funding will be rejected. Y ou can start the project at your own risk if theresponsible office has confirmed receipt of the complete, verifiable and signed application.


In principle, there is no application deadline.

Required documents

You must enclose some documents with the application. Information on the required documents can be found on form 9010 on the L-Bank homepage.


As a rule, no costs are incurred for counselling and application.


You have no legal claim to funding. A legal claim can only be established by a funding commitment from the granting agency (L-Bank).

Release note

  • 31.08.2023 Ministerium für Landesentwicklung und Wohnen Baden-Württemberg

Bitte beachten Sie die für Ihr Anliegen genannte:
"zuständige Stelle"

- Ämter in der Stadtverwaltung
- Bürgerbüro


Stadt Weinheim
Obertorstraße 9
69469 Weinheim
Tel.: 115
Fax: 06201 / 82 - 268

Anfahrtsplan (511 KB)

Mo. - Fr.
außer Mi.
08.00 - 12.00 Uhr
Do. 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr

Bitte beachten Sie die unterschiedlichen Sprechzeiten der einzelnen Ämter und Dienststellen.
Wir haben gleitende Arbeitszeit.

Tel. Erreichbarkeit:
Mo. - Fr. 08.00 - 12.00 Uhr
Mo. - Mi. 14.00 - 16.00 Uhr
Do. 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr