Logo Service Baden Württemberg
Procedure descriptions

Request issuance of a mortuary passport

For the transfer of a corpse beyond the borders of the Federal Republic of Germany, you need a mortuary passport.

Responsible department

The competent authority is the municipality in whose district the death occurred.



All documents required for a burial in the ground must be available.


As a rule, you must apply for the multilingual mortuary passport in person at the municipality. However, the funeral home entrusted with the transport can also apply for the mortuary passport on your behalf.



Required documents

  • Death certificate
  • Death certificate
  • Authorisation of the local authority in whose district the death occurred (as long as the death certificate does not bear the endorsement of the registrar)
  • Authorisation of the public prosecutor's office or the district judge
    (in the case of indications of a death that was not natural or the body of a person unknown)


The costs vary depending on the municipality.



Release note

machine generated, based on the German release by: 14.08.2023 Sozialministerium Baden-Württemberg

Bitte beachten Sie die für Ihr Anliegen genannte:
"zuständige Stelle"

- Ämter in der Stadtverwaltung
- Bürgerbüro


Stadt Weinheim
Obertorstraße 9
69469 Weinheim
Tel.: 115
Fax: 06201 / 82 - 268

Anfahrtsplan (511 KB)

Mo. - Fr.
außer Mi.
08.00 - 12.00 Uhr
Do. 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr

Bitte beachten Sie die unterschiedlichen Sprechzeiten der einzelnen Ämter und Dienststellen.
Wir haben gleitende Arbeitszeit.

Tel. Erreichbarkeit:
Mo. - Fr. 08.00 - 12.00 Uhr
Mo. - Mi. 14.00 - 16.00 Uhr
Do. 14.00 - 18.00 Uhr