Show new or renewed meters
You must notify the use of new or renewed measuring instruments.
This applies, for example, if you use a new measuring device in business or official dealings.
Regional Council Tübingen
You are using a new or renewed measuring instrument that is covered by the Measurement Act or the Measurement Ordinance.
The scope of application of the MessEG includes, for example
- Measuring instruments for determining length or combinations of lengths for determining lengths or areas
- Measuring instruments for the determination of mass
- Measuring instruments for the determination of temperature
- Measuring instruments for the determination of pressure
- Measuring instruments for the determination of measurands in the supply of electricity
- Measuring instruments for determining the quantity of heat (heat and cold in circulation systems)
The obligation to notify does not apply to material measures such as weights or dispensing measures and not to additional devices.
A measuring instrument is deemed to be renewed if it has already been put into operation and has been changed so substantially that a (renewed) conformity assessment must be carried out instead of verification. The decision is made by the competent verification authority.
You can display the use electronically. To do so, use the "User notification pursuant to § 32 of the Measurement Act" on the page www.eichamt.de.
Alternatively, you can notify the use by fax or letter to the following address:
AGME office c/o DAM
83435 Bad Reichenhall
Fax: +49 (0)8651 974767-99
Please indicate in any case
- the type of equipment (a selection list can be found at www.eichamt.de)
- the manufacturer
- the type designation
- the year the meter was marked
- the address of the person using the measuring instrument.
At the latest 6 weeks after the commissioning of the new or the renewed measuring device
- At least 10 weeks before expiry
19.06.2023 Wirtschaftsministerium Baden-Württemberg und Regierungspräsidium Tübingen